Frequently Asked Questions

I would like to include the photograph I’ve chosen in my family photo album. Do I need to fill out the Usage Agreement?

No, if you would like a photo for your photo album or to hang in your home or to give as a gift, you need do nothing beyond ordering the photo. Simply click “personal use.”

When do I need to fill out the Usage Agreement?

Publication of one of our photographs in any media – books, website, film etc, requires that  you fill out the Usage Agreement. There are additional fees that will be added to the cost of the photograph. The Usage Agreement will appear after “Personal Information” once you have clicked “Publication”

Can you supply my publisher with the appropriate digital image?

We provide publishers with uncropped tiffs that are scanned at 300 dpi. This is the format most requested by publishers.

Will the Museum provide me with copyright clearance?

Most of the photographs included in our website are in the Public Domain and are no longer subject to copyright legislation. However, the Museum does not undertake third party copyright searches. We will provide you with information but you are responsible for obtaining permission if necessary.

What does “One Time Use” mean?

“One Time Use” means that the permission we have given you to for example, publish one of our images in your book, terminates immediately once that book is printed. Subsequent editions, or other purposes that occur after the initial order are not included in “one time use” and you must apply for permission again.

At what dpi are photographs scanned?

Our photographs are scanned at 300 dpi. Should a higher resolution scan be required, we may be able to accommodate the request but there will be additional charges.

Added to cache at Mar 07, 2021 08:01:54
Content not from cache
Dawson City Museum is located in the Old Territorial Administration Building at 595 Fifth Avenue.
Phone: 867-993-5291 • Fax: 867-993-5839 • E-Mail: